Free BEE Tools
Unlocking the industrial potential that exists within Black-owned and managed businesses
The Black Industrialist Programme is intended to create sizable Black-owned and managed businesses. It’s a key policy of government to transform South African business. We assist companies and Black Industrialists build scalable Black-owned and controlled businesses.
Sourcing Qualified Investors
We help you source Black operational partners who have the requisite experience and financing to become long-term partners.
We do this through:
- An extensive database of Black-owned and operational companies
- Relationships with a large number of Black investment houses
- Running the Financial Mail’s Little Black Book, which gives us unprecedented access to a number of Black executives and business owners, and
- Partnering with Transcend Talent Management – an executive search business, well positioned amongst senior Black executives as well as Black-owned companies. We leverage this relationship as a search methodology to identify suitable partners
After identifying the parties, we assist sellers to shortlist buyers and then to meet the sellers to rate their suitability, based on criteria that has been jointly established.
Running Sales Process
Our professionals have run a significant amount of sales processes, including:
- Preparing your business for sale
- Identifying investors
- Preparing all terms sheets and legal agreements
- Raising finance where appropriate
- Ensuring the transaction achieves the expected sale of asset points in terms of Code 102
We assist both sellers and buyers to build a funding package fund- either the operation that is sold or to buy shareholding in a business. This package could be a combination of:
- DTI incentive grants
- Black Industrialist grants and support
- Development finance institutions which include Development Bank, Land Bank, National Empowerment Fund, PIC and IDC
- International exporting financing organisations, and;
- Private equity funds and South African commercial banks.
When structuring these solutions, we ensure the companies maximise their BEE Ownership points in terms of both net value and Sale of asset points in terms of Code 102.
It is essential that these structures are sustainable and give the business and the opportunities the very best chance of success.