Employment Equity (EE) Services
Transcend are experts in the development and implementation of Employment Equity Plans and submission of required reports as well as ensuring that all legislative and reporting requirements are met.
You are in good company
Ensure Employment Equity Act Compliance
South Africa has had the unfortunate past of the apartheid era which was characterised by job segregation, economic inequality and social exclusion. Over the last two decades, South Africa government has enacted various legislature as a means to provide redress and drive transformation. The Employment Equity Act No.55 of 1998 [insert hyperlink] was passed with the key purpose of driving equity in the workplace by promoting equal opportunity and fair treatment in employment.
Below are the main areas to test if your Employment Equity compliance is on track:
- Representative consultation forums have been established
- Employment Equity barriers analysis has been performed using various methods
- Employment Equity projections of goals and targets have been set accordingly
- Updating the employment equity plans to include strategies towards the Equal pay for equal work requirements
- Projection of future employee targets that are aligned with the business strategy
- EEA2 and EEA4 submissions
Where an employer fails to comply with the provisions of the Act, the Director-General may apply directly to the Labour Court to impose a fine ranging from the greater of R1 500 000.00 or 2% of the employer’s turnover to R2 700 000.00 or 10% of the employer’s turnover, depending on the frequency of the offence.
Non-compliance on Employment Equity can also directly impact your BBBEE compliance as no points will be awarded on the Management Control element of the scorecard
How can Transcend assist?
- EE due diligence
- Employment Equity Committee training
- Coordinate consultation processes on matters related to Employment Equity
- Conduct an internal audit on EE barriers and identify appropriate affirmative action measures
- Develop an EE Plan with numerical goals and targets for the applicable period
- Verify and document statistics for reporting
- Submission of annual EE reports to the Department of Employment and Labour
- Employee Awareness workshops on Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion and Disability
Let's set up a call to discuss how we can help you
Employment Equity Sectoral Targets: Impact on Your BEE & EE Strategy
Transformation News, Employment Equity
May 17, 2023
Work Place Skills Plans (WSP/ATR) submissions
BEE Consulting, ATR, WSP
April 12, 2022
A Guide To BEE Audit Preparation
BEE Consulting, BEE Audit
May 2, 2022