At Transcend we recognize that privacy is important to you
- The Transcend Group may obtain the following types of information from or concerning you or your business, which may include information that can be used to identify you as specified below (“Personally Identifiable Information”):
- User Provided Information: You provide certain Personally Identifiable Information, such as your phone number, billing information (if applicable) and physical address to the Transcend Group when choosing to participate in various uses of The Transcend Group Service.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Transcend Group Site, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. The Transcend Group uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Transcend Group Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, the Transcend Group Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Transcend Group Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser, your phone number, phone number you are requesting the status of and various status information. When you use the Transcend Group Service, our servers log certain general information about you.
- If you submit Personally Identifiable Information to us through the Transcend Group Site, or the Transcend Group Service, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Transcend Group Site and the Transcend Group Service. You agree that we may process your personal information for all purposes that relate to the Transcend Group Site and the products, services, facilities, tools or utilities offered on the Transcend Group Site.
- If you share your personal information with any third parties, we will not be responsible for any loss suffered by you, your dependents, your beneficiaries, spouse or employees.
- Where applicable and to the extent appropriate, you confirm that we may share your personal information within the Transcend Group of companies for administration purposes and the provision of the Transcend Group Services and infrastructure.
- You also confirm that we may share and combine all your personal information for any one or more of the aforementioned purposes to customise the Transcend Group Services to meet your needs.
- You agree that we may transfer your personal information outside the Republic of South Africa, if you give us an email address that is hosted outside South Africa; or to administer certain services, for example, cloud services.
- We do not use your phone number or other Personally Identifiable Information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your phone number, or email address, if provided, without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes.
- Please let us know if you do not wish to receive any direct electronic marketing from the Transcend Group. The Transcend Group will store your personal information for the purpose of actioning this request and shall action it as soon as reasonably possible.
- The Transcend Group values the information that you choose to provide and will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational steps to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration. The information made available to the Transcend Group concerning its clients, is stored in databases that have built-in safeguards to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information.
- You have the right to know what personal information the Transcend Group holds about you. If you wish to receive a copy, please complete an 'Access Request Form' on www.transcend.co.za and specify the information you would like. The Transcend Group will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
- You have the right to request the Transcend Group to update, correct or delete your personal information. Where the Transcend Group cannot delete your personal information, the Transcend Group will take all reasonable steps to make such information anonymous. You agree that the Transcend Group may retain your personal information until you request, in writing, the Transcend Group to delete or destroy it. This is subject to our compliance with any laws which requires that we retain/store or dispose thereof.
- The Transcend Group may enter into arrangements with its partners and other third party suppliers in order for them to provide services to you. Those arrangements may require the Transcend Group to disclose your personal information to them. If a third party asks the Transcend Group for any of your personal information, we will share it with them only if: you have already given your consent for the disclosure of this information to that third party; or we have a legal or contractual duty to give the information to that third party.
- We may collect and release Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, international law or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant or equivalent.
- The Transcend Group also reserves the right to disclose Personally Identifiable Information and/or non-personally-identifiable information that the Transcend Group believes, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, take precautions against liability, to investigate and defend itself against any third-party claims or allegations, to assist government enforcement agencies, to protect the security or integrity of the Transcend Group Site or our servers, and to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Transcend Group, our users or others.
- If we want to share your personal information for any other reason, we will do so only with your permission.
- Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from this Transcend Group Site you might not be able to access portions of our Transcend Group Site.
- The Transcend Group uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to The Transcend Group and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured Wi-Fi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the Transcend Group Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, the Transcend Group makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
- However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If the Transcend Group learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Transcend Group may post a notice on the Transcend Group Site or through the Transcend Group Service if a security breach occurs.
- In the event that the Transcend Group is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganisation, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
The contact details are:
Postal Address: The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Telephone Number: +27 (0) 10 023 5207
Fax Number: (011) 403-0668
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Privacy Notice was last modified on 13 June 2023