You are in good company
Learnerships for people with disabilities
Do you need to improve your organisation’s BEE scorecard disability points? If so, we can help you maximise your points under the Skills Development priority element.
Transcend provides a range of accredited Learnerships for people with disabilities to maximise your disability spend and meet the training needs of your organisation. We focus on people with disabilities because we have seen how they are especially vulnerable to barriers to educational and professional opportunities.
We also offer a host of Diversity and Inclusion workshops, including Disability Awareness workshops for the organisations looking to sponsor and host these learners
Our approach to learnerships for persons living with disabilities
Throughout the Learnership, we manage and administer:
- SETA registration and liaison
- Learner recruitment and screening
- Learner placement at the right host
- Mentorship and coaching
- Learner progress reports
- Preparation of the BEE audit file
- Reasonable accommodation fore learners
How corporate sponsors benefit
While sponsoring a person with a disability, corporates contribute to driving real transformation that makes an impact.
As a sponsor of a disability learnership, you obtain contributions to skills spend including BEE scorecard disability points - these include;
- course fees and a living stipend
- head-count contributions (under Category D) through mandatory SETA contributions and
- any other discretionary funding.
What sets Transcend apart?
- We make an impact - our focus is to create meaningful and sustainable job and learning opportunities for the youth
- We have a carefully screened pipeline - our database includes youth and people with disabilities
- We understand transformation and how corporates can have impact: on country, company and scorecard
- Advise on BEE compliance, costs and sustainability post-acquisition
- We have a robust and highly resourced administration team
Partners - Transcend Learnerships
What The Learners Have to Say
After being unemployed for 18 months, I embraced the idea of doing my learnership. And I am so glad I did. Doing a learnership gave me access to endless opportunities including gaining work experience in the field was called to; technical analytics. In most jobs, you only do what you’re hired to do, but in a learnership, you can try different things because that is what you’re there for – to learn~ Lerato.
The highlights of my learnership journey include getting introduced to the corporate world and gaining work experience. I also had the privilege of learning from the most enthusiastic man in transformation and master of change, Dr Robin Woolley. Not only that, but I've acquired the tools and knowledge to empower myself. Completing my learnership unlocked more opportunities for me and I am currently a YES4Youth candidate ~ Kefilwe.
Let's set up a call to discuss how we can help you
Employment Equity Sectoral Targets: Impact on Your BEE & EE Strategy
Transformation News, Employment Equity
May 17, 2023
Work Place Skills Plans (WSP/ATR) submissions
BEE Consulting, ATR, WSP
April 12, 2022
A Guide To BEE Audit Preparation
BEE Consulting, BEE Audit
May 2, 2022