Specialist BEE support for Renewable Energy projects
Helping Renewable Energy companies, mining companies and heavy industry manage BEE considerations when investing in Renewable Energy projects in South Africa
You are in good company
Renewable energy clients
Renewable Energy in South Africa
There are two opportunities for investment in Renewable Energy in South Africa:
Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPP)
The REIPPP was implemented by South Africa’s Department of Energy (DOE) in 2011.
This creates the platform through which the private sector can develop Renewable Energy projects in South Africa and enter into Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with the state owned utility, Eskom.
Self generation for mining companies and heavy industry
The Exemption Threshold for self generation has been increased from 1MW to 100MW.
This provides mining companies and heavy industry the opportunity to invest directly in Renewable Energy Projects.
Solutions for Renewable Energy companies
We have significant experience advising leading Renewable Energy companies on their BEE structuring.
There is an opportunity for Renewable Energy companies to provide solutions to mining companies and heavy industry.
Our unique combination of understanding Renewable Energy, preferential and inclusive procurement together with our deep BEE Ownership expertise makes us ideal BEE consultants.
We can help you be more attractive to these customers by helping you:
- Structure your BEE Ownership to optimise your customer's BEE procurement Spend.
- Structure for mining customers.
- Understand the BEE implications of joint projects.
- Align your community ownership initiatives with those of your customers.
BEE structuring for mining companies
We help mining companies evaluate the impact of self-generation on their current BEE and Mining Charter obligations, including: outsourced power generation; partnering with Renewable Energy companies in join properties; procuring from empowered Independent Power Producers (IPPs).
Our unique combination of skills allows us to synthesize integrated solutions.
We have deep expertise in the following key areas:
- Impact on Mining Charter Inclusive Procurement.
- Alignment with BEE preferential procurement.
- Linking to new and existing community ownership schemes.
- BEE Ownership structuring
- Linking to REIPPP to sell excess power to Eskom
BEE structuring for heavy industry
We help large power users evaluate the impact of self-generation on their current BEE score:
This includes deciding on preferred structuring options:
- Outsourced power generation.
- Partnering with Renewable Energy companies in joint projects.
- Procuring from empowered Independent Power Producers (IPPs).
Let's set up a call to discuss how we can help you
Employment Equity Sectoral Targets: Impact on Your BEE & EE Strategy
Transformation News, Employment Equity
May 17, 2023
Work Place Skills Plans (WSP/ATR) submissions
BEE Consulting, ATR, WSP
April 12, 2022
A Guide To BEE Audit Preparation
BEE Consulting, BEE Audit
May 2, 2022