Free BEE Tools
Valuing Diversity Course
About This Course:
Get the skills and knowledget you need to manage the complexities around diversity, discrimination and prejudice.
This workshop covers self-awareness and managing dynamics in your private and professional life.
- Manage attitudes and behaviours within the organisation with emphasis on self-awareness
- Manage diversity and discrimination in a peer group and in the larger context of the organisation
- Create a collaborative culture of inclusivity and tolerance in the organisation
You get a customized diversity workshop to fulfil the needs and attitudes of stakeholders which differ from organisation to organisation and even within departments.
Sessions are subtly tailored based on the group (for example staff members versus the senior management team).
We recommend conducting training in groups of similar occupational level in a ‘top down’ approach i.e. management, supervisory staff, staff members, etc. where possible. However, we ensure that there are overlapping common elements in all workshops to create synergy. The workshop may include a ‘company values’ section to supplement the generic content and ‘bring it to life’.
The one-day Valuing Diversity training workshop comprises the following:
- Defining diversity, discrimination, prejudice and stereotypes
- A brief overview of the history of Africans, coloureds, indians, and whites in South Africa
- Reflection on the link between history and influence
- Identifying key stakeholders in our private lives and at work
- Discrimination and diversity in our private and public lives
- Stereotyping: separating fact from fiction
Who Should Attend
- BEE sponsor
- Human Capital Professionals
- Procurement Professionals
- Person responsible for BEE
Companies that have benefited from our training:
BHP Billiton; Jet Demolition; Department of Agriculture; Telkom; Alexander Forbes; Anglo; Imperial Group; Barloworld; BMW; Grindrod; De Beers; Discovery; Liberty Life; Mutual & Federal; Nedbank; Old Mutual; Parmalat; First National Bank; Group 5; SASOL; Murray and Roberts; IDC;
In-House BEE Training
All of Transcend’s public training can be customised and presented in-house. Should you have a requirement to empower and equip your transformation team we can be of assistance.