Free BEE Tools
Mining Charter and BEE Advisory
Your trusted mining and transformation partner
Transcend has developed a highly specialised team that understands the BEE legislation as well as the Mining Charter 2018 and is able to integrate these legislations into an overall transformation strategy. We have developed a strong Mining Charter competence by working closely with some of the largest Mining companies to understand and interpret the Mining Charter legislation.
No Events on The List at This Time
Some of our Mining Sector clients
Solutions for Mines in South Africa
As a mine in South Africa, in order to maintain your Mining License, compliance with the Mining Charter 2018 is required.
Transcend assists South African Mining houses with:
- Understanding and interpreting the Mining Charter and other mining legislation
- Building compliance strategies for the Mining Charter
- Integrated the Mining Charter and BEE transformation strategies
- Built calculators to measure compliance with the Mining Charter
- Build training and implementation project plans around the new Housing and Living Conditions Standard 2019
- Design and implement Employee Share Ownership Plans (ESOPs) and community ownership structures under the latest Mining Charter
- Interpret and implement the Housing and Living Conditions Standard 2019
Solutions for Mining Suppliers in South Africa
In order to remain competitive, and safeguard current contracts with mining companies, suppliers to the mining industry are expected to have a robust understanding of Mining Charter 2018. The Mining Charter places ‘strict’ requirements on suppliers to the mining industry which may result in suppliers having to revisit their BEE strategies and develop a three to five year transformation plan.
It is important for you to have a better understanding of;
- Mining Charter 2018
- Inclusive procurement scorecard of Mining companies
- BEE complaint companies to the Mining industry
- Local content calculations and interpretations
- What’s the latest from the Mining Indaba
- Ownership requirements and how to structure your ownership transaction
With over a decade of experience in assisting mines and mining suppliers in getting transformation right, we can help you understand how to maximize the return on your BEE strategy as a supplier to the mining industry.
We have the expertise
To do this Transcend leverages our deep legislative experience and 12 years of BEE implementation experience. We have unparalleled ‘transformation’ pedigree and we value nation-building at our core and have proven that we can do this in a way that makes business sense for our clients.
Mining Sector Legislation
Mining Charter 2018
Housing and Living Conditions Standard 2019
Implementation Guidelines for Mining Charter 2018
Amendments to Mining Charter 2018
Latest Mining Transformation Insights
DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY RELEASES THE HOUSING AND LIVING CONDITIONS STANDARD FOR THE MINERALS INDUSTRY 2019
On 11 December 2019 the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) released the reviewed Housing and Living Conditions Standard for the minerals industry. The reviewed Housing and Living Conditions Standard repeals the 2009 Housing and Living...read more
The Mining Charter was gazetted on 27 September 2018 by Mineral Resources Minister, Gwede Mantashe. We are hoping this brings a level of certainty to the mining industry, and that it places mines in a position to start investing. This should give a...read more
The Department of Mineral Resources has gazetted the draft Mining Charter for public commentary On Friday the 15th of June 2018, the Department of Mineral Resources (DMR) finally gazetted the long-awaited draft amendments to the Mining Charter. This...read more