JOIN OUR FREE WEBINAR:
ACCREDITED SKILLS DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES FOR PERSONS LIVING WITH DISABILITIES, THAT REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE ON 26 JUNE 2020
Friday, 26 June 2020 | 9:30 – 11:00 SAST | Cost: Free
Time left until webinar starts:
Join the conversation
Date: Friday, 26 June 2020
Time: 9:30 – 11:00 SAST (RSVP: Before 12 pm, 25 June 2020)
Research shows that training and equipping persons living with a disability for the workplace is an ongoing challenge, both globally and locally. COVID-19 has presented further challenges, that makes it even more difficult to train as well as integrate persons living with disability in the workplace
Transcend understands this space. Over the past 10 years, Transcend has invested in research, programmes and interactions with learners as well as corporates, to truly unpack the challenges of upskilling, integrating and preparing persons living with a disability for success in the workplace.
What we know:
- Unemployment is a critical challenge in South Africa
- People living with disabilities are profoundly more vulnerable to exclusion from both education and employment opportunities
- Absorption rates of persons living with a disability, after the completion of an internship/learnership programme are significantly lower than those of able-bodied students and graduates
- A lack of understanding of what a disability is and how to accommodate disabilities in the workplace
- The mindset of a disabled person entering the workplace is different from that of an able-bodied person
Join us for a fascinating talk with a Transcender, Xolani Ngazimbi, where she discussed our findings as to the “why” behind the above realities.
Transcend has invested the last 12 months in developing a groundbreaking accredited programme to help both learner and corporate success in the journey of sustainable and meaningful employment of persons living with a disability.
During the month of June, we are excited to launch our REALISE programme: A programme that enables the learner to realise their POTENTIAL, their FUTURE and REWARDS.
Join us for our webinar if you would like to:
- understand the reasons behind some of the challenges we face in this space
- better equip your current or future staff living with a disability to succeed in the workplace
- understand how to integrate these solutions into you BEE strategy and scorecard
- join us for the launch of our much anticipated accredited REALISE programme
Register for this webinar
Kindly note that registrations for this webinar have closed.
For enquiries please contact us.