Free BEE Tools
BEE Champions Course – Durban and Cape Town
NOTICE: Our training is now available online!
Due to the coronavirus and lockdown in South Africa, all of our training is now available on digital training platforms and/or e-learning platforms. We are monitoring the situation and will adapt to ensure that we deliver our leading BEE Training to you with the highest quality. Please see the course listings for more information about how the course will be delivered or contact us for support.
Upcoming BEE Champions Courses
The BEE Champions course equips you with an understanding of the various BEE scorecard pillars. The course prepares you for implementing changes within the organisation to improve your BEE scorecard level.
This Course Is For You If
You want to know what qualifies and what doesn’t on your BEE Scorecard and what documentation is needed in order to be prepared for verification. You want to improve your organisations BEE scorecard level with the knowledge and skills to do so in a way that is sustainable and long-term. You’re the person responsible for BEE in your organisation and you are looking to expand your understanding of how the new codes will affect you. i.e.
- MDs, CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, COOs
- Human Resource Professionals
- Preferential procurement Professionals
- Any individual who has been appointed as the BEE Champion to take care of the BEE scorecard
The course content includes:
- Implementing BEE post Covid-19 lockdown
- Question and answer session based on frequently asked questions around implementing BEE post Covid-19;
- The most recent gazetted changes to the BEE codes effective 1 December 2019, including changes to Skills Development, Procurement, Enterprise Development and important clarification on definitions such as “absorption”;
- Clarification on YES4Youth implementation, successfully implementing the YES4Youth programme and possible challenges;
- A technical understanding of each of the pillars of the BEE scorecard;
- Best practice on each of the pillars taking in to consideration the context of Covid-19;
- Enterprise Development, Supplier Development, and Preferential Procurement best practice;
- Management Control – Employment Equity within the context of BEE;
- Skills Development
- definitions of disabled individuals; and
- how to maximize the human capital pillar of the scorecard.
- Ownership – high-level review of the Ownership scorecard;
- Building the capacity to update the company’s BEE position on an on-going basis; and
- Developing and implementing an organisation’s BEE strategy in a way that makes business sense.
SETA Accreditation is received on this BEE course
Competencies developed through attending this course:
- Compliance to legislation and BEE codes – compiling the BEE tracking scorecard
- Manage key transformation projects and coordinate others, managing risks and opportunities associated with transformational change and business process reengineering, taking all steps to mitigate/exploit these to ensure that the transformation programme is successfully delivered
- Proper document management of all the Business unit transformation activities and collation of plans
- Communicate, co-ordinate and monitor progress and activities in preferential procurement
- Support, monitor and improve the BEE compliance of all pillars
- Reviewing and assisting in the procurement strategy
- Ensure that the scorecard is reported in terms of the relevant standards and codes of good practice
- Ensure that projects are scheduled to meet expectations of all stakeholders
- Ensure that transformation practices, standards, procedures and methods are reviewed, updated and applied
- Deal with transformation queries from the Business units/Divisions
- Enforce the compliance effectiveness of the business units and pillar champions
R3 450.00 (excl. VAT). For group bookings, a discount may apply. All our training is available as in-house training and can be presented to your EXCO, human resource team, suppliers, and procurement team etc. cater to your specific business needs. This investment includes comprehensive delegate file, the FastFind Codes tool, handouts, templates, refreshments and lunch.
Companies that have benefited from our training:
BHP Billiton; Jet Demolition; Department of Agriculture; Telkom; Alexander Forbes; Anglo; Imperial Group; Barloworld; BMW; Grindrod; De Beers; Discovery; Liberty Life; Mutual & Federal; Nedbank; Old Mutual; Parmalat; First National Bank; Group 5; SASOL; Murray and Roberts; IDC;
Summarised Course outline:
This engaging course is broken down to allow for adequate time in the rich course material as well as provide space for class engagement to drive the true value of the course by making the learnings applicable in each of the delegates context as they engage.
In-House BEE Training
All of Transcend’s public training can be customised and presented in-house. Should you have a requirement to empower and equip your transformation team we can be of assistance.