The B-BBEE Commission has challenged the government and private sector to increase the number of women on boards. The Commission’s 2018 report shows that JSE listed companies have only 18% representation by women on their boards. Furthermore, the report shows a decline in black female ownership in JSE Listed companies by 1.96% which is at 9% compared to the 2016 report.
B-BBEE Commission calls for Government and Private Sector to increase number of women on boards and procurement spend from 30% black women owned businesses – See more below;
Read the article online here
DOWNLOAD: the National Status and Trends on Black Economic Empowerment Report by the B-BBEE Commission (a member of the dti group).
Do you need help finding the right top female talent for your business? Speak to us today to discuss what this means for your business and how to integrate the right female talent into your business.
Transcend offers specialist talent acquisition and related services
Often a barrier to improved black women Management Control scores is finding the correct executive talent. Our dedicated service offering focuses on sourcing the right executives for your business.
- Why partner with Transcend Talent Management?
- We create and deliver quality experiences for candidates and stakeholders.
- We help you save time and money while achieving talent process efficiencies
- We help you outperform competition through quality hiring, retention and analytics
Our evidence-based process that provides:
- An analysis of the ‘search and select’ process;
- Evidence on how candidates meet the skills and competency requirements for the position;
- Evidence on how the candidates compare to each other, using the skills and competency framework;
- A written competency assignment prepared by candidates for client stakeholders to consider.
- Assessments – Full psychometric assessments and a unique Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment.
- Coaching – on-boarding and performance coaching to ensure that the candidate’s absorption into the new organisation and job is swift and that they become productive sooner.
- Employee Value Proposition (EVP) validation and salary benchmarking
START THE PROCESS NOW WITH TRANSCEND As of the 1st of April 2019, most SETAs require that companies submit the letter of intent two (2) months prior to the intended commencement of the learnership. If approved, a letter of acknowledgment will be granted by...read more
Are you due to update your employment equity plan? Are you aware of the amendment to the EEA4 Income Differentials Form? How prepared is your organisation for a Department of Labour audit? What is the Employment Equity act? According to Section 20 of the...read more
With the BEE audit process constantly evolving and verification agents under tight scrutiny, it’s increasingly imperative you are well prepared for your audit. Transcend’s pre-audit offering assists you to efficiently obtain a certificate that is...read more