The B-BBEE Commission has challenged the government and private sector to increase the number of women on boards. The Commission’s 2018 report shows that JSE listed companies have only 18% representation by women on their boards. Furthermore, the report shows a decline in black female ownership in JSE Listed companies by 1.96% which is at 9% compared to the 2016 report.
B-BBEE Commission calls for Government and Private Sector to increase number of women on boards and procurement spend from 30% black women owned businesses – See more below;
Read the article online here
DOWNLOAD: the National Status and Trends on Black Economic Empowerment Report by the B-BBEE Commission (a member of the dti group).
Do you need help finding the right top female talent for your business? Speak to us today to discuss what this means for your business and how to integrate the right female talent into your business.
Transcend offers specialist talent acquisition and related services
Often a barrier to improved black women Management Control scores is finding the correct executive talent. Our dedicated service offering focuses on sourcing the right executives for your business.
- Why partner with Transcend Talent Management?
- We create and deliver quality experiences for candidates and stakeholders.
- We help you save time and money while achieving talent process efficiencies
- We help you outperform competition through quality hiring, retention and analytics
Our evidence-based process that provides:
- An analysis of the ‘search and select’ process;
- Evidence on how candidates meet the skills and competency requirements for the position;
- Evidence on how the candidates compare to each other, using the skills and competency framework;
- A written competency assignment prepared by candidates for client stakeholders to consider.
- Assessments – Full psychometric assessments and a unique Emotional Intelligence Skills Assessment.
- Coaching – on-boarding and performance coaching to ensure that the candidate’s absorption into the new organisation and job is swift and that they become productive sooner.
- Employee Value Proposition (EVP) validation and salary benchmarking
DEPARTMENT OF MINERAL RESOURCES AND ENERGY RELEASES THE HOUSING AND LIVING CONDITIONS STANDARD FOR THE MINERALS INDUSTRY 2019
On 11 December 2019 the Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DMRE) released the reviewed Housing and Living Conditions Standard for the minerals industry. The reviewed Housing and Living Conditions Standard repeals the 2009 Housing and Living...read more
The department of Trade and Industry (DTI) released the new draft codes on 31 May 2019 with the 1st of December 2019 being the effective date of the codes. Sector charter councils were instructed to follow suit and hence the draft release of the Tourism...read more
At the beginning of October 2019, the Commissioner of Employment Equity (CEE) released a bill that aims to…read more