Free BEE Tools
Attracting and retaining the right talent is a recipe for success.
The value for clients when dealing with us is that we provide both the talent attraction, as well as the retention components required for your success, based on our knowledge of the best retention mechanisms for transformation talent.
- Talent acquisition methodology: the manner in which talent acquired for clients maximises retention possibility from the outset
- Employer and customer value proposition creation
- Talent identification in line with the business strategy and organisational culture
- Talent assessments: business and culture strategy aligned, competency-based, psychometric, personality and emotional intelligence skills assessments
- Coaching: appropriate coaching tailored to individual development needs
The aim of this programme is to address the underlying causes of potential labour turnover and help companies with the ability to sustain its workforce to continuously meet the business strategy in a manner befitting the corporate culture.
It is unrealistic to attempt to retain all employees, as there must be some movement of talent and labour in the organisation. The influx of talent and fresh ideas from new employees is valuable, as it is a contributing factor for remaining innovative. This does not mean, however, that an overarching customer and employer value proposition should not exist, as this framework should unite current staff with those wanting to join.
Instead of setting a strictly quantitative goal for increasing employee retention, companies should focus instead on encouraging key employees to stay. An example would be to set a goal for retaining the highest-performing staff that are aligned to the company’s business strategy and organisational culture.
“Companies face the dilemma of what messaging to present to the market and employees when trying to keep “Baby Boomers”, Gen X and Ys engaged, whilst trying to attract and retain Gen Zs, underpinned by what’s important to retain transformation talent.” – Zanele Luvuno, MD, Transcend Talent Management