The Department of Labour’s online portal has been open for Employment Equity (EE) Report submissions from 1 September 2018 and will remain open until 15 January 2019. This submission must outline how your business reasonably intends to implement equity in its workforce, in line with set targets.
If you are part of or responsible for your company’s EE Committee, it is important to ensure that EE is implemented effectively. This includes building a robust EE plan, communicating it to the relevant persons, and empowering decision makers to facilitate EE success.
How we can help you implement EE
Transcend can equip your EE Committee with tools to manage the qualitative and quantitative aspects of EE, including:
- Semi-structured interviews in the company using grounded theory necessary to build a bottom-up approach to identify barriers and obtain recommendations from your employees;
- Effective and user-friendly tools are required to generate accurate modelling and to steer the organisation towards their quantitative targets.
We also offer EE Committee training, which can also be presented in-house according to your organisational needs.
EE Committee Training
Transcend has developed a focussed one-day EE Committee training course that covers:
- Alignment with the EE Act and BEE
- Compliance with the EE Act, and related monitoring and reporting
- Updates in the most recent legislative developments: Labour Relations Act; EE Act; and Basic Conditions of Employment Act
- Establishing an EE Committee, including the roles and responsibilities of the EE Committee and the EE managers
- Best practice approaches to managing your EE Committee
- Understanding best practice tools to build line management buy-in and commitment Understanding the impact of the Revised BEE Codes on your EE Committee
- Best practice in building and communicating an EE plan
- Linking EE to Skills Development
Who should attend this course?
- Business managers
- HR professionals
- EE Committee members
Artificial Intelligence (AI). What will be its impact in terms of changing the rules of the game when it comes to the human capital market. Zanele Luvuno (director at Transcend Talent Managment) and Eusebius McKaiser talk "how AI could change the game for...read more
The Mining Charter was gazetted on 27 September 2018 by Mineral Resources Minister, Gwede Mantashe. We are hoping this brings a level of certainty to the mining industry, and that it places mines in a position to start investing. This should give a...read more
B-BBEE Commission releases practice guide on how to determine the validity of BEE certificates and affidavits. Contact us for help on how to deal with the complexities of valid, invalid or fraudulent certificates and affidavits filtering into your supply...read more