Free BEE Tools
We specialise in assisting multinational companies to understand the available BEE Ownership options in the context of BEE legislation and the socio-political environment, and ultimately identify and implement the optimal solution that will enable growth in South Africa.
Optimal Group Structuring
Transcend Capital understands the relevant aspects of BEE legislation and Codes that come into play when optimising group structures. We also have experience in assisting major multinationals with related strategy design.
- Address Customer Needs 100%
- Make Business Sense 100%
Strategic BEE Partner Selection
South Africa is entering a new phase in transforming the ownership of companies. Companies are realising that to be relevant in South Africa today they need to have value-adding Black shareholders. This realisation is driven strongly by:
- Preferential Procurement points being weighted towards procuring from 51% Black-Owned companies
- through state-owned enterprises’ procurement policies
- skilled and experienced Black investors stepping up to the challenges and opportunities
Increasingly companies are looking for partners with real business experience to help them be more relevant in South Africa through maintaining existing and growing new markets while driving transformation.
- business development in maintaining existing market and growing new markets
- driving transformation in the business starting with the senior leadership
- Identify what you need in a BEE partner, as well as the optimal BEE Ownership composition
- Identify transaction structures and arrive at an optimal ownership solution
- Through our extensive source of potential partners, identify, select, and engage with strategic partners who are a good match for your business
- Investigate strategic investor competence and capacity
- Perform top-level differentiation, and ultimately shortlist based on expected value-add as well as scorecard impact in line with what you need
- Assess partner risk through anti-bribery and corruption risk assessment
- Enter into negotiations with the preferred partner(s), and manage the implementation of your transaction to conclusion, and
- Raise IDC, PIC or third-party finance
Sale of Assets
We can assist you in:
- Identifying assets that can be sold
- Structuring a BEE compliant Sale of Asset solution
- Modelling the BEE ownership credits
- Identifying qualified Black buyers
- Understanding the dti Black Industrialist incentives and funding
- Drafting, negotiating and concluding relevant legal agreements
- Working with your BEE verification agency to achieve successful verification
Equity Equivalent Programmes
Transcend Capital provides you with the expertise you need to design and implement an Equity Equivalent Programme.
We help you to:
- Assess feasibility
- Understand the implementation path
- Design a comprehensive Equity Equivalent Programme
- Value your business
- Engage with and garner support from internal and external stakeholders
- Seek the necessary governmental approvals at various phases
Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP) Communication
ESOPs align employee and management interests through structured ownership. They also enable BEE Ownership recognition and can improve business performance and strengthen labour relations.
But even the most promising employee ownership initiatives fail without employee ‘buy-in’. Managing employee expectations through effective communication is the single most important aspect of any ESOP implementation.
Transcend Capital is unique because we provide full turnkey employee ownership solutions. We have advised on and implemented a multitude of ESOPs. Our understanding of the process is deep and supported by our knowledge of South Africa’s linguistic and cultural diversity.
Transcend Capital has successfully assisted various multi-nationals navigate this complex arena through careful planning and focused execution of bespoke ESOP communication programmes. Let us help you too.
- Simplified legal and structuring language
- Explanatory booklets, posters, letters, and videos
- Direct communication from executive team to employees
- Interactive question and answer sessions with employees